Why not join on us between Friday 10th and Sunday 12th August for our 5th Summer Ale & Steam weekend on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway. These events have grown ever more popular with an increased range of beer on offer and this event promises to be the biggest to date! On Friday, the event opens at 1200 at Winchcombe with a special tasting session until 1600. On Saturday and Sunday there will be bars at both Toddington and Winchcombe opening at 1030.
In conjunction with the North Cotswold Branch of CAMRA at least 40 beers will be available from Winchcombe and Toddington stations, with a frequent train service between the two bars.
What's Happening Where
- Up to 26 beers will be available at Winchcombe with local and national beers available *
- Up to 14 beers will also be available at Toddington *
- A selection of ciders will be available at both stations
- Hot and cold food, tea / coffee and soft drinks will also be available at both Winchcombe and Toddington
- On Friday 10th there will be a special tasting session between 1200 and 1600 at Winchcombe only
- On Saturday 11th bars at both stations will be open from 1030 with the bar at Toddington closing at 1745 and Winchcombe at 1900
- On Sunday 12th the bars at both stations will be open between 1030 to 1600 (subject to beer availability*)
* Please note we cannot guarantee a full beer range for the Sunday of the festival, although every effort will be made to ensure a range of beer will still be available on the day. Please be aware however that the bar may close early if the beer supply is exhausted.
On Friday we will be running our 'Blue' timetable.
An enhanced ‘Green’ timetable will operate on the Saturday with :
- An early train from Cheltenham Racecourse
- Additional trains between Toddington and Winchcombe throughout the day
- Late trains from Toddington and Winchcombe to Cheltenham Racecourse
Click here for the Saturday timetable.
The normal ‘Green’ timetable is running on Sunday.
Free entry to the festival with a valid train ticket for the day of your visit.
Normal train fares apply including :
- Adult Day Rover £18
- Senior Day Rover £17
- Cheltenham – Toddington Adult / Senior Return £16
- Broadway – Winchcombe Adult / Senior Return £14
If you are not travelling on the trains, but wish to sample the beer at either station, we ask you buy a platform ticket (Winchcombe £2, Toddington £1)
Why not save time on the day and book your All Day Rover Ticket now?