This Policy will help you understand how the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway (GWSR) collect, use, process and protect your personal information when you interact with us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our standards and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
• to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of the visitors to this website; and
• to explain what personal information we collect from this website and how we use it and ensure its best protection.
The GWSR complies with and will comply with applicable data protection law. For the purposes of the law GWSR is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected on the Website.
We use up-to-date recognised industry standard procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Access to personal information is strictly controlled allowing only those who require this to perform their role having the capability to access personal information. Procedures and security features are reviewed regularly to maintain the highest security standards and will be updated in accordance with any changes to regulations that apply to personal data.
Any sensitive information including credit card information is subject to additional security standards.
The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you (Subject Access Request). Your right of access can be exercised by writing to the Company Secretary, GWSR, The Railway Station, Toddington, Gloucestershire, GL54 5DT.
Information we may collect from you
It is not necessary for you to register with us in order to access the Website. However, we may collect some information from interactive features such as online surveys, contact and registration forms. The basic personal information about you which we may collect and process is:
• your and any additional name(s) and address
• your e-mail address
• telephone number and/or mobile number
• date of birth (if appropriate)
• student number (if appropriate)
• credit card information
Depending on what you may be applying or registering for, additional information may be collected from you. We may also collect and process information provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use, this helps us operate the website efficiently. Should you also contact us at any time we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• to provide you with the goods and services you have requested
• internal record keeping. • for any Gift Aid Claims.
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• to notify you about changes to our service.
• we may share the information you provide to us with our Trust the Gloucester Warwickshire Railway Trust (GWRT).
• we may also use your data for the purposes of advertising, marketing, market research and public relations, so as to provide you with information about other future goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or wish to unsubscribe to any future communications then please contact us at email@example.com and inform us accordingly.
Changing the information we hold about you
If you would like to change any information we hold about you that has been collected through use of this Website or want to it to be removed from our systems, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not store card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties though we may disclose information we have collected about you to third parties where required to do so by law.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.