Playgroups and Reception Classes
As well our very popular Christmas themed activity days using our diesel railcar in December, we are offering summer Teddy Bears' Picnic days for Playgroups and Reception class groups. The day includes a trip on the steam train*, teddy bear related activities, plus the opportunity to bring your lunch and join in the picnic at Winchcombe Station (indoors if it's wet, but otherwise out on the grass picnic area), making a full school day out for the children.
The activities can include:
- Measure the bear and relative sizes;
- Comparing different textures;
- Find the bears (colours and numbers);
- Matching bears;
- Counting bears;
- What's bear wearing?
- Bear stories;
- Ted says…. (for those who would like something active!);
- Colouring bears;
- Teddy bear letters and words;
- Bear and train songs;
- etc, etc.
There will be bears, bears and bears (about 400 of them), who will be involved in activities and, of course, enjoying the Teddy Bears' Picnic!
* Note: It may also be possible to use our railcar for a Teddy Bears' Picnic on non-public days.
If you include a phone number then we can listen to your individual requirements and discuss what we can provide.