What to See and do
The Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway is an ideal day out for the family, with lots to do for young and old alike.
Great value for money…
- See our ticket prices here including reduced fares for Children and Families (2 Adults/Seniors and up to 3 Children).
- Buy an All-day Rover ticket and you can travel with us all day at no extra charge
- Kids under 5 travel free (maximum of 4 children under 5 years of age for every adult)
- Well behaved dogs travel for a flat-rate fare in standard class carriages (not First Class) but they are not allowed on the seats or tables, and not allowed on any dining trains or in buffet cars
- Lots of free parking at Toddington and Cheltenham Race Course Stations
- One carer may travel free with any fare paying registered disabled person.
Please note, If you require the tickets posted to your home, please allow 10 clear working days due to possible post delays.
There's so much to see and do…
- Steam train and diesel train rides
- Return trip of 28 miles
- Small displays of railway memorabilia
- Large Flag & Whistle tea room at Toddington
- Delightful 1950s style Coffee Pot tea room at Winchcombe
- Buffet car on most trains
- Static vehicle exhibits
- Discovery Coach at Winchcombe
- Authentic Great Western Railway stations
- Have-a-go signalbox at Toddington
- Souvenir Shop at Toddington Station, including lots of children's gifts and a selection of books
- Children's play area at Toddington Station
- Locomotive yard viewing area at Toddington
- Picnic areas at Toddington and Winchcombe
- Free quiz sheets for children at each station
- Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway's own "I Spy" book available at Toddington Shop
- Guide Book giving lots of information about the line
- "Railway Rambles" - publications giving walks that start and end at one of our stations.
- Free heritage trail explaining the history of Toddington station
- Special Events through the year - see here for 2022 events
- See the magnificent Stanway Viaduct (almost 50 feet high with 15 arches) and travel through the dark and mysterious Greet tunnel (look out for the ghost!)
- Local walks in the Cotswolds (see our local area maps on sale in Toddington Station Shop)
GWSR encourages everyone to respect fellow passengers and our volunteers by wearing face coverings whilst inside our shop, buffet cars and cafes (when not eating or drinking), and in open carriages on the trains when they are busy. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Suggestions for planning a family day out are here.
All photos by Jack Boskett.