Our ever-popular Cotswolds Food and Drink Fayre will again be held in the Toddington station car park and at Winchcombe station. We will have about 40 exhibitors at Toddington station and more than a dozen exhibitors located at Winchcombe station next to platforms 1 and 2 and in the Tim Mitchell Building, our function and education centre built as a replica of Ashburton Goods Shed.
There will be keenly priced and well-packaged gifts from the Fayre that will make ideal Christmas presents. See the 2017 Picture Gallery and the 2018 Picture Gallery with action from the event in the past two years.
At Toddington we will also have our very popular Flag and Whistle Cafe where hot and cold food will be available to purchase. It will be open from 9.00am to 5.30pm and for this special event they will also be operating their barbecue next to the cafe.
At Winchcombe Station in addition to the displays and tastings offered by the food and drink exhibitors we will have our volunteer-run Coffee Pot Cafe open from 10.00am to 4.00pm plus the GWSR Griddle will be there on both days from 10.00am to about 2.30pm where burgers, bacon baps, etc will be available to be purchased.
Trains will run throughout the day to this timetable with two steam trains and a diesel hauled train operating all day along the full length of the line between Broadway and Cheltenham Race Course stations.
Special Early Train from Cheltenham Race Course
If you are starting at the Cheltenham Racecourse end of the line, so that you can fully benefit from all that's going on at Toddington and Winchcombe, we are running an extra diesel railcar train from Cheltenham Race Course station on both the Saturday and Sunday mornings which will depart at 10.10am, calling at Winchcombe at 10.35 and arriving at Toddington at 10.46. Note: this diesel railcar service will not stop at Gotherington or Hayles Abbey Halt.
Free parking at Cheltenham Race Course, Toddington and Winchcombe stations.
At Broadway, there is a council managed pay-and-display car park near the station on the opposite side of the main road under the railway bridge, less than a 5 minute walk from the station entrance. If you pay £5 for 10 hours' parking at this car park you will receive a voucher for £3 redeemable at the station booking office against one railway ticket. Note: the voucher is only valid if you travel on the same day that you park and is not usable in conjunction with any other discount or voucher. There is another pay-and-display car park on the Childswickham Road, some 11 minutes walk away.
A classic Routemaster London Bus will link Broadway village to our award winning Station.
Free admission to the Fayre will apply again this year, but please note if you are planning to travel to Winchcombe station by car that parking there is extremely limited. Visitors coming to the railway by car should travel to Winchcombe station by train from Cheltenham Race Course or Toddington stations where we have large free car parks, or from Broadway station where a council-run pay and display car park will be available near the station. Buses run by Marchants, including local service W1 and W2 (Sat) and 606 (Sat and Sun) run regularly from Winchcombe to Winchcombe station. See timetables here.
Visitors can enjoy a trip along the line between Broadway and Cheltenham Race Course stations at normal ticket prices. Vouchers issued to GWRT Members and GWSR Shareholders will all be valid.
You can save time on the day by buying your all-day rover ticket on-line in advance. Click on the 'Book tickets now' button below and change the calendar to October, then buy tickets for 19th or 20th October.
Examples of Cotswolds and regional food varieties will include local cheeses and chutneys, honey and jams, puddings, pies, cakes, pastries, biscuits, bacon, sausages, sausage rolls, gluten-free and vegetarian options, chillies and spices, herbs, mustards and oils, chocolates and cookies, fruit juices and yoghurts, milk and butter, ciders, perries and beers, gins and wines, and creative hand-made ready meals - all at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway’s Toddington or Winchcombe Stations.
So, prepare your taste buds
AND PUT THE DATES IN YOUR DIARY NOW!
- Food and drink stands open 10am to 4pm each day
- Sample tastings of local artisans’ food and drink
- EXHIBITORS AT BOTH TODDINGTON AND WINCHCOMBE STATIONS
- Free parking at Toddington and Cheltenham Race Course stations
- Free entry to the Fayre
- Disabled parking at Toddington station close to food stalls*
- Steam and diesel train rides at normal fares
- Two steam trains and a diesel hauled train operating during the day
- Plus extra diesel railcar service leaving Cheltenham Race Course station at 10.10am
- Delicious Christmas gift sets available
* Please note: Disabled parking at Toddington will be in the normal car park alongside the fence adjacent to platform 1 (close to the food stalls)until 11.30am just before the first steam train arrives from Cheltenham Race Course station. After that, to ensure the safety of pedestrians, disabled parking will be in the field on the east side of the railway using reserved spaces adjacent to platform 2. Cars carrying people with physical disabilities will be able to drop their passengers off outside the gate on the west side of the railway and then go to the disabled spaces in the field.
Please note, all details and arrangements are subject to availability.