A '2884' class heavy freight locomotive, built 1942. Owned by Dinmore Manor Locomotive Limited, it is at Toddington for its 10-year overhaul.
- Wheel arrangement: 2-8-0
- Origin: Great Western Railway - a development of the similar '28xx' class introduced in 1903 and the first-ever 2-8-0 freight locomotive in the UK
- Introduced: 1938
- Working weight: 116 tons (locomotive 76 tons, tender 40 tons)
- Driving wheels: 4' 7½"
- Tractive effort: 35,380lbs
- Water capacity: 3,500 galls
- Purpose: Heavy, long-distance freight. The engines could be found throughout the Great Western Railway system. Altogether, 167 were built.