• Cotswold Festival of Steam to welcome new-build ‘Saint’ class locomotive • Locomotive 2999 Lady of Legend makes first visit to the Cotswolds • Four types of GW 4-6-0s together for first time in preservation • Cotswold Festival of Steam, 25-27 May 2024: tickets now available
• Weekend train services resume on 2nd March • Stanway Viaduct remains closed, no services from Broadway station • Restrictions at Cheltenham Racecourse station before and after Festival
• New-build GWR ‘Grange’ class loco for Cotswold Festival of Steam • Award-winning steam extravaganza 25-27 May 2024 • Intensive timetable with up to eight locomotives working
• Major works to repair historic 15-arch railway viaduct • Sir Tim commends Trust appeal to fund repair work • ‘Unwelcome surprise’ of failed parapet joints
• GWSR picks up two top accolades in Cotswolds Concierge Awards • Railway is ‘Best Attraction in the Cotswolds’ and organised ‘Best Event in the Cotswolds’
• More than two-thirds of Santa Express tickets sold out! • ‘Book quickly’ to avoid disappointment, railway advises • Charity Santa Express runs on 19 November • Post-Christmas Mince Pie Specials
• Second donation presented to GWRT for Stanway Viaduct appeal • Presentation ceremony at Broadway station on 4th November • Caravan and Motorhome Club’s Broadway park on site of Broadway goods yard
• Flow of River Isbourne under railway’s bridge improved • Risk of bank and railway embankment erosion minimised • “Drainage vital to railway’s integrity”
• GWSR appoints Walsh Construction Ltd to waterproof viaduct deck • GWRT awards grant to fund the works following appeal success • Railway’s Permanent Way Dept volunteers to support works
• Churchward 2-8-0 moves following three-year overhaul • CSPL Chairman: ‘an exciting moment as the wheels turned for the first time’
The doors of the Lifford Hall in Broadway were opened on Sunday 1 October for the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway’s (GWSR) first Railwayana Valuation Day, which starred Paul Atterbury, familiar to viewers of BBC-TV’s Antiques Roadshow.
• 30 volunteers construct a play area for local children and a seating area • Focus on a sustainable approach with the use of recycled wooden sleepers
• Mixed Traction extravaganza for GWR Autumn Showcase, 28-29 October 2023 • Sights and sounds of heritage traction over 14 miles in the Cotswolds • Home locomotive fleet to operate intensive two-day timetable over weekend
Comfy seats that line up with windows, varnished wood panelling, maybe even your own compartment, travel in comfort as you watch the scenery roll by. Our fleet of BR Mk1 coaches are around 60-70 years old and take you back to a more refined style of travel.
Coal – or the potential lack of it – is focusing the minds of heritage railways and other heritage users across the UK and the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway is no exception.